Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Why blog?
Good question. I figured it was time to blog because I am 30 and a half now and it's not like I have anything to say but maybe I can help someone else out there in the atmosphere struggling like myself with their existence. Let me be honest here, 30 sucks. I am a working mother with a 9 month old baby. I have a stay at home husband who takes care of her all day. I have a job that I pretty much hate but it pays the bills. It's a new job. I am actually still considered a temp. They actually can't hire me officially until January 12th because they don't want to pay the agency fee so I have to wait until I have been here for three months. So I didn't get the Christmas bonus of $100 cash and I didn't get the $25 gift card for a stupid free turkey at the grocery store which really I actually could have used. I am an executive assistant at this company that makes what I will call widgets. I don't particularly love this job but I am lucky to have this job. After I illegally got laid off my last job after my daughter was born I was seriously about to be homeless so I am lucky to have this job and am making more money at this job anyway and am working half the hours and this job is way easier. I am pretty much invisible here. They don't know that I actually used to be cute. They don't know that I used to wear contacts and have blond highlights and only weigh...well less. Now they see this girl with badly dyed brown hair (Feria #45, didn't turn out so well), glasses and 70 extra pounds. I don't give a shit, I kind of feel bad for my super hot husband. He has only made one comment once but it was a real zinger. Are you ready for it? He said he was kind of turned off by me because my giant fat roll got in the way!! I shit you not, he actually said that. Yeah, things have been a little rocky ever since and my daughter is 9 months old but you know what? This is what 30 looks like. For reals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment